Custom Search

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Pokemon Go...your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?

Yes, I know what Pokemon GO is but do not play. I did see many out playing so at least they are exercising when doing it. On the other hand those playing need to be more careful. I heard of a wreck where an individual was playing pokemon go and hit a parked car. The one thing that I did hear of in our area is that an individual has set up an event where pokemon players can go and meet up and look for more. The cost for the event is a few can goods

 What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?

I had a rag doll when I was a child and each year would add to it. I still have the collection. My youngest son collected wrestlers and frogs, My oldest daughter collected seaside items and now collects lighthouses, My youngest daughter collected vintage sewing items. My oldest son collected and decorated his room with antiques. Can not say that we did any of the last three we are penny pinchers and look high and low for great buys 


3. 'Collect moments, not things'...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.

there have been a few different ones from traveling to different states to having our own picnics and parties each hosting their own memories


4.  What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?

what is not we live on busy road and dust comes in daily. Yes we have items that need to go to kids, sale or donate and we have been working on that

 5 A favorite song relating to time?

Time Marches On

\\

6 What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?

when out junking with my dad I saw a rattle snake go between my dads legs. Very scarey but you had to be very quiet. Other than that red foxes, deers, possums, coons, skunks from my window 

7 On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?

while my husband would love to go I think I would pass. I am not sure I want to go somewhere like that. All I love is here on earth. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Very hot in our part of the country. Trying to stay cool however we can. What is it you do to stay cool?? 

10 comments:

  1. We've been going to my grandparents to swim a lot this summer to stay cool! This summer has been less than desirable so far. Thank goodness my family is a strong believer in air conditioning!

    Hoping you stay cool this summer,
    My love,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the people playing need to be careful! Those sound like some lovely collectibles your family is collecting. Snakes really scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see - I was in church tonight - and I'm not a Pokemon gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I do not play Pokeman Go. I believe it is something for mindless millennials. I collected baseball and football cards when I was a kid. Unfortunately, my parents threw them away when I moved away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed several things that are collecting dust and just taking up space in my home lately. I've concocted a plan to hold a yard sale in two weeks so I can alleviate some of the stuff we've accumulated and maybe make a few dollars at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pokemon Go is driving me mad, suddenly it is everywhere and I had to ask a friend to explain to me what it was all about! No, I do not play. But what I did used to play with as a child was Paper Dolls. I had quite a collection and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been on a major cleaning spree, so there isn't much dust. There are still some things I need to sell though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pokemon Go has become a crazy hit in all of a sudden & despite staying busy & restless as a working mom, I could not control myself from playing it! As a child I have loved Pokemon, but never thought we will have an App now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am playing Pokemon Go. My 5 year old thinks it is funny when I take a picture of a Pokemon and him. I collected Beanie Babies when I was growing up. It was the in thing to do. I love the quote collect moments and not things. I love spending time with my family enjoying the time with them and not the 'toys' we have like the TV or Xbox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not playing Pokemon Go? Download The Latest Version (Built for Android and iOS)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post