Custom Search

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Un Mom

randomtuesday


The UnMom gives us a chance each week to share our rambling thoughts with our readers. There are often times that I find I do not post the little thoughts in life and through the meme random thought Tuesday we can do that. So here we go.

** My daughter has been finding it hard to find patience with her young daughter. Now while this is something that is quite common as nana I get to have a different outlook on this. When my children were young I believe that I did not do as much as I do now. I had my husband who would work and then come home and help me with the house. With our older two children I would watch them, let them play and in the evening clean up after them. Yes our house was not always the neatest but in those days I guess I was a bit lazy and would only clean up about every 4 hours during the day. After all how dirty could the house get. In the evening before baths and bed we would pick up all the toys and straighten the house. My daughter who is alot like the way I am now always stressing about the house, wanting to get things done and just busy busy often finds her self stressed out because things are not like she wants it. I have told her to relax and form a schedule for Princess to go by. Hopefully by doing this she will learn to relax a bit more but Mom will always be here to offer advice whenever she needs it. I would love to have my readers to offer any advice they have as well.

** My middle son is a Senior in high school this year and as he gets older he seems to be pulled in two ways. One is that he is wanting his own space. For the first several months while my oldest son has been away his room has stayed primarily his room. After my oldest daughter moved out her sister quickly claimed her room and moved into it. Now it looks as if that will happen with my boys as well. My middle son keeps talking about his own room and begins to prepare for it as well. At the same time this is going on while we were looking through clothes that either fit him or not we found some button up dress shirts that he used to love. I remember buying them for him they were on a super sale and I was not sure if he would like them or not he loved them and now that they do not fit him anymore he was trying to get them back on. They were tight on his arms and he said that the "girls like the way his muscles pop out of his shirt" in the end though he placed them in the box to give away.

Well those are my top 2 random thoughts and what are yours?

also listed at momstart

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. When you have little ones at home you have to let some things go or you'll go crazy.

    Thanks for visiting today.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post