Custom Search

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kitchen Tip - Cleaning Baked On Grease


I found this great tip on About.com. As my teens use my kitchen more and more we often find a mess when they are done. When they first started cooking I simply thought it was great that they were simply in the kitchen. Now however I make them help clean up the messes that they make.

Here is a good tip for cleaning baked on grease:

•To remove baked on grease after cooking, place a fabric softener sheet - bounce, fleecy, etc. - into the pan with a bit of water. Soak over nite and voila! The next morning wipe with the sheet and it all comes off with no scrubbing.

4 comments:

  1. Fabric softeners are considered toxic and certainly should not be used anywhere near where food would be let alone on your clothing. Something you may definitely want to investigate with a bit of Google searching. You may be surprised at what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find soaking with 1/2-1c.(depending on the size of the pan) baking soda works too. Thats a good point Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard about the fabric softners. .but like Kevin said, they are toxic. . .I like washing soda. . I have never heard of it until I went to a "Living Green" meeting and discoverd the cleaning power of it =). .I tried it on my oven and it is amazing what WS did. . . .my oven was horrible, it still has some spots to be cleaned but 100 percent better than it was =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post