Custom Search

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Chicken Gizzard

One thing that my son in law and husband have in common is that they both love to dine on chicken gizzards. You may not be aware of what a gizzard is so let me fill you in. Chicken gizzards are muscles or organs that the chicken uses to rid their bodies of the rocks and assorted pieces that are not food but may be digested as they peck along the ground. Thus the gizzard is small and are often a bit chewer with a distinctive taste that pulls them away from other pieces of chicken.

1 pound gizzards
2 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 ¼ cup self rising flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
½ teaspoon ground garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
Oil for frying

Start by trimming the excess fat and gristle from the chicken gizzards.
Season gizzards with seasoned salt and pepper to tastes on both sides.
Add buttermilk and hot sauce to a plastic storage bag and shake to combine. Add gizzards to bag and allow to marinate for 1-2 hours.
To a large bag, add flour, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne and whisk until combined.
In another plastic storage bag, add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika and mix until combined.
Once gizzards are done soaking, add gizzards a few at a time to seasoned flour bag and shake to evenly coat then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set flour.
Heat oil over medium high heat. Make sure oil is at least 2-3 inches tall.
Fry until golden brown then drain on paper towels.

10 comments:

  1. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site. Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete

  2. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post you shared is very unique and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable! Its really amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post with amazing article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly comeback

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post