Custom Search

Sunday, January 28, 2018

A Great Reason To Donate Blood



Our society relies and demands help from each other daily. One demand that never runs out is the demand for blood. There is not a day that goes by that more than 41,000 blood donations are needed. Out of all those that are try to donate only 10 % will be able to. The Red Cross encourages donors to resolve to give blood regularly. All blood types are needed with the greatest need being for AB, O, B negative and A negative.


National blood donor month has been in existence since 1970. Every year in January Blood Donor month is observed. Seasonal illnesses, bad weather and other miscellaneous reasons can make it hard to collect enough blood for patient needs. Have you ever donated blood?? Do you know if you can.

To Donate Blood You Must :

  • Be at least 18 years of age. Individuals 16 and 17 years old may donate with a Minor Donor Permission Form signed by a parent or guardian. 
  • Must be of general good health and at least 110 lbs. 
  • Possess valid I.D. card such as a driver's license

If you are unable to donate blood then perhaps you are able to make a financial donation. The Red Cross has needs that need financial backing as well. The financial gift that you can give will help to ensure ongoing blood supply, provide humanitarian support to families in need and help prepare communities by teaching life saving skills.



My reason for sharing this post includes a thank - you for those who donated blood to my daughter. The day, my grand-daughters birth, September 2, 2008. My princess was a gift from God but my baby girl, my daughter had went through a terrible time to get her here.Through 24 hours of labor and then an emergency C-section. took nearly all my daughter had to give. By the end of the day my daughter would have not only her beautiful baby girl but a blood transfusion. My daughter had given blood since her high school years and had never questioned what ever happened to the blood she donated. After delivering a 10 lb baby, it would be blood donations helping her out now. These days you will find 4 out of 6 of my children donating blood whenever possible.

January is National Blood Donor Month. The American Red Cross encourages people to roll up their sleeves to give blood. This will help ensure there is a sufficient blood supply for all that need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post