Custom Search

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Did You Know



If you have ever attended a wedding then you more than likely have heard the famous wedding march. Did you know that the first wedding march was perfomeed January 25th 1858 at a royal wedding. Victoria Adelaide Mary Louise, the oldest child of Queen Victoria, married Frederick William IV of Prussia.

Felix Mendelssohn's "Wedding March" was wrote in 1842. It is one of the most frequently used wedding marches. It was traditionally played on a church pipe organ.




2 comments:

  1. When my son married it was not in the church, there was music but modern it was a very funny wedding not traditional at all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the last 3 years I have seen my son marry a wonderful girl and my daughter be the bride of a man I call my son. Neither marriage in a church but the wedding march was played at both.

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post