Custom Search

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Stuttering Awareness



Growing up I loved to visit my grandparents. They both lived in the country where there were many things to do. My dad's parents were just a bit more fun to visit though as they were foster parents and we always had lots of fun playing as we made many friends. I have many memories of all the fun we had and the kids we played with. One friend in particular was the middle of three brothers. He was staying with my grand-parents as his mom and dad got things back together in their lives. In the end the boys were adopted by my grand-parents. This was wonderful news and one thing my young friend no longer needed to worry about

One problem that would have to be worked on was the fact that he had a bad stuttering problem. This was something that he was often teased about. The love that our large family offered him helped him gain confidence and the speech therapy he received also helped a great deal. In the end he did defeat his stuttering issue in life.


If you have a child or know a child with a stuttering problem all I can say his love them with all you have. Take time to listen to what they are trying to say. When they seem stuck with what they are saying they truly are not it is just a neurological block so do not help them by finishing their sentences for them. Many may not truly know what stuttering is so for you "



Join me in showing support for those that know what they want to say but at times simply can not express it

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post