Custom Search

Monday, September 11, 2017

I will Never Forget


September 11th , 2001 is as vivid today as it was many years ago. The news recap on T.V. had me living memories and glued to the T.V. once again. Most of us that lived that morning will vividly remember it. The attacks on the twin World Trade Towers in NYC and the Pentagon in Washington. This day will forever be part of our memories.

Those that lived in the time of Pearl Harbor and World War II have memories til their last days those that lived and watched the ongoings of that dreaded 911 attacks will never forget the war we entered that day. What war?? The war on terrorism.

Sixteen years later on the day of 911 take a moment reflect on your own thoughts and memories. My grand-daughter who is 9 years old recently came home and asked if I knew about that event. I took the time to tell her where I was , what I was doing and yes like many Americans I watched it play out on t.v. In addition to talking about the event remember to pray for the victims who died, and those that still miss their loved ones.



The Story:
It all began the morning of September 11, 2001 There were 19 Islamic al Qaeda millitants who would hijack four planes. The planes were taken in Boston, Newark and Washington airports. These planes were carefully chosen as they would have more fuel in tanks for the trips they would be going on. One of the four planes would hit the north and south towers of the World Trade Center in New York city. Both towers would be brought down that day in a blaze of firestorm. In Washington D.C. a third plane would hit the pentagon. The fourth plane would not hit its goal and crash in a field in Shanksville PA. The passengers in the fourth plane attempted to take control of the plane from the suicidal hijackers. A total of 911 deaths would occur that day.


2 comments:

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post