Custom Search

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Spring Trail Mix


Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut, dried cranberries, and dark chocolate. YUMMY!!

First you toast the nuts and coconut in the oven.  Toasting nuts bring out their flavor.

Then while the mixture is still warm, you add the chocolate and cranberries.  The original recipe called to stir these in when mixture is completely cool, which I did many times.  Then one time I accidentally left my trail mix in the sun. It melted the chips and when it cooled, the mix sort of clumped together and I thought it was good that way! So I do it both ways now.

Talkin' Trail Mix

1 bag (6oz) slivered almonds

3/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (they are green)

1 cup sweetened coconut

3/4 cup walnuts (optional)

1/2 cup dried cranberries (Ocean Spray)

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  On a foil lined baking sheet, combine nuts, pumpkin seeds, and coconut.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the coconut is golden brown.  Remove from the oven and let cool.  Combine toasted mixture with cranberries and chocolate.

recipe was tweaked a bit but was copied from Sandra Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post