Custom Search

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Heirloom Tomato Spaghetti

As I went to the farmers market today, I was pleasantly surprised to find how many different heirloom tomatoes they have. Back in the day the choices I got was yellow, orange, red or pink. I even saw some dark chocolate tomatoes and while my husband did not purchase these I do wonder what they taste like. The recipe I share today calls for heirloom tomatoes I hope you enjoy



  • 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, the more colorful, the better
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 shallots
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1/4 cup basil leaves
  • 1 8-ounce package spaghetti
Chop the tomatoes and place them in a large bowl, along with their juices. Drizzle the olive oil over top, and season well with salt and pepper. Let the tomatoes rest.
Mince the shallots and garlic. In a small saucepan, heat a couple splashes of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, and add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Tear the basil leaves, and add them to the bowl. Stir to combine, and let rest while preparing the pasta.
Cook the pasta according to package directions, and drain. Add the pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes, and toss well to coat with the sauce. Divide among 4 bowls, and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post