Custom Search

Monday, May 9, 2016

Teaching The Love Of God to Children


When I heard the word that my daughter was expecting a child I was delighted. I believe that most if not all parents would be very happy at those words. In the early years I was delighted and spent many holidays, vacations and weekends with my grand-babies. Then eventually things changed. My grand-daughter started to spend more and more time with me. Which I loved as most of u would . Eventually the relationship changed as we started to raise our grand-babies

I adore my grand-children and love having them here with us. I believe that raising my own children, 6 of them to be exact taught me a lot. My patience for one has grown quite a bit and what I have learned through experiences has helped me with this as well. The connection is one that can not be ignored but simply adored. My grand-daughter replied the other night that she knows who care for her and her brother and she wanted us to know that she loves us as well.

One thing that she loves is attending sunday school. Telling the stories as she learns them. She may not know it but as she grows she is sharing the love of Jesus.

I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well.
 1 Timothy 1:5 (NASB)

Grandmothers are the perfect individuals to help line the words the bible shares with children. Some ideas to do this are:

  • helping with Awana or bible studies at church. My personal grand-ma was the one who took us to Thursday night bible study. It was held in a small church and taught by a short woman named Lucille. Lucille had taught school in the states as well been a missionary in Tiawan when she was in her 20's. Now retired she saw it her place to educate children all about Jesus, in hopes that they would learn the love as well. It was in this sessions that she would teach us songs and bible verses that as a group we would learn. Memories to last a long time that also helped me to learn the bible stories and share them as well
  • Bible schools are great places to help our children learn as well. For years, I took my children to bible school and also volunteered to teach in them. From crafts to stories lessons were learned. I have a feeling somewhere these stories were shared and remembered. I can still remember the many bible verse and stories I learned in VBS.
  • Help your child connect stories with bible verses so many time if a story is told and retold the verse will find a permanent place in their mind. 

Any chance you get share the word of God to make the connection. Coloring fun sheets, crafts, more special family time will show them they are loved These special times will become part of them letting them know they are loved.

shared at 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post