Custom Search

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Cookies

When I was a kid my favorite great aunt would make goodies for us kids each holiday. Now as a nana I do the same for my little ones. Memories as sweet as I have kept for years is what I want our little ones to have as well. With these goodies I am hoping my goal is one that will be met. Make up some for your special little goblin and enjoy






Cookie
1 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Frosting
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1-2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Food coloring of your choice
Cookies
In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a large mixing bowl cream together Butter Flavored Crisco with sugar, eggs and almond extract until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour mixture into to creamed butter until well blended. Separate dough into to small balls and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for two hours. Set oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface roll each dough ball out until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on lined cookie sheets.  Bake 5 - 7 minutes or until edges start to turn a light brown. Remove cookies and cool on wire rack.
Frosting
In a small bowl combine confectioners' sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk. You may need to add more milk until it is at a spreading consistency. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until frosting is smooth and glossy. If the frosting is to thick add a little bit more corn syrup until it is a spreading consistency. Divide frosting into separate bowl and color as desired. Spread frosting on cooled cookies and let set until frosting is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post