Custom Search

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Baked Sausage and Pepper

A bit back I shared a delicious crockpot recipe for brats in the crock. I loved it and from the many likes it got so did many others. So today I share another great one  that I love. When the summer time is here we often visit festivals and fairs and I often order a sausage and pepper sandwich. One of the easiest ways to remake this great taste at home is this recipe. I hope you enjoy as well



Sausage and Peppers


Yield:  4 – 6 servings                Cook Time:  2 hours

1 package of your favorite sweet or hot Italian sausage (about 2 1/2 pounds), per your taste
3 large sliced onions
3 large red or green bell peppers cleaned and cubed (I use red peppers because they become so sweet)
1/4 cup water
Fresh and crusty Italian bread

Cut sausage links into thirds or quarters.  Place onions, peppers, sausage and water in a disposable aluminum half tray pan.  Cover with aluminum foil and place in a preheated 350 degree oven.
After about 1 1/2 hours, uncover the sausage and peppers.  The onions and peppers should have reduced in volume quite a bit.  Return the tray to the oven for another 1/2 hour to brown a bit.
Slice a hunk of Italian bread and then slice in the middle and spread apart.  Place a good portion of the sausage and peppers in the center of the sandwich, squeeze the ends together and take a big bite.
This recipe stores well in the refrigerator and tastes just as good as left-overs.

recipe source here

shared at
dare to share Saturday
skip the housework
Saturday sparks
weekend winddown
Super Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post