Custom Search

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Apple Pie Scented Play Dough

I believe that each season has its own personality. Personality that has its own scents, attributes as things that are down primarily in that season. From the clothing styles we wear to the food we eat normally you will find each season to have its own look and feel. I love living here in Illinois where I can enjoy 4 seasons each year. One of my favorite seasons is fall. From the bonfires to apple picking time the crispness in the air is a favorite time of mine. Why not bring a little bit of that great fall inside to the little ones
 
 
 
Apple Pie Scented Play Dough

1 cup flour
¼ cup salt
½ Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. red food color
1 cup water
 
In a large pot, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
Add in vegetable oil, food color, and water, stir.
Cook over medium heat until the dough pulls away from pot and starts to become dry.
Turn off heat, let cool, and knead.
Notes
If the dough feels too sticky, knead in a tablespoon of flour.
 
 
recipe source here

shared at
thrifty Thursday
homemaking party

1 comment:

  1. My daughter will love this scented play dough. I'm going to make this for her. Thanks for posting. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post