Custom Search

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Forotten Cookies

I love vintage recipes and have shared some here rom time to time. I believe that these cookies are ones that my grandmother would seal the oven shut with tape so no one would open the door and ruin them. 
Yield: Aproximately 2 dozen
Ingredients:
· 2 egg whites
· 2/3 cups sugar
· Pinch of salt
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 cup pecans, chopped
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Slowly add sugar while beating egg whites until stiff.
4. Stir in salt, vanilla, pecans and chocolate chips. Drop onto ungreased tin foil by the spoonful (I used a larger dining spoon). Note: I followed the original recipe to the letter though put the foil on a baking tray for support. I think they could be put directly on a cookie sheet as well.
5. Turn off the oven. Place cookies in the oven and leave until morning.
 
recipe source here

shared at
cowgirl wednesday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
     Favorite Recipe Friday

3 comments:

  1. These sound great, and I like the fact that I don't have to watch them like a hawk while they're baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so delicate! I bet they're good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old recipes and this one is a winner. I need to try it because I remember having these when I was younger! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post