Custom Search

Sunday, October 14, 2012

autumn salad

whether you are in search of a salad recipe to serve with your fall inspired recipes or you are planning ahead to Thanksgiving you will love this recipe as the colors and flowers to me all say Autumn



Autumn Chopped Salad

*6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup chopped pecans
*8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing (I like T. Marzetti)
*Balsamic Vinaigrette (I like Newman’s Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (I would estimate that I used about a cup of dressing: 70 percent poppy seed dressing and 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette) If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, feel free to experiment with the combination.

recipe source here

creative me
wow us wednesday

mop it up mondays

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) What yummy recipes and pretty fall pictures, an autumn salad sounds delicious! ~April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, this looks so good! Looking forward to making and serving at my house :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post