Custom Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

handprint flowers

these lillies are more than spring beauty they would make a perfect fathers day gift as they hold your childs hand forever

handprint lilly
]
construction paper (green for leaves and a flower color)

straw
scissors
pencil
scotch tape
OPTIONAL: pipecleaner


trace child's hand onto a piece of construction paper, rounding out the palm
cut out the handprint
roll the palm into a cone and tape. Don't worry about the hole being too small, we can snip it open a bit if needed
Cut pipecleaner into 1/4s.
Fold into a V shape
Push V into end of straw and put a piece of tape around.
Curl a bit.
Put end of straw into flower and push through so the pipecleaner is inside the flower.
Wrap each finger around a pencil to curl.
Cut a long leaf shape out of green construction paper and tape onto the straw. Curl the leaf like you did the fingers.
We put two leaves on each stem.
An odd number of flowers always seem to look nicer in a vase

you may want to attach this little verse
This isn't just a lily as you can plainly see.


I made it with my hand which God made a part of me.

It comes with lots of love especially to say,

I hope you have a very, special Mother’s Day!



source: DLTK

shared on Summer Time Tips


1 comment:

  1. These are really sweet! From the thumbnail I thought that I was looking at banana peels. Um, sorry, I guess I need my eyes checked! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post