Custom Search

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Photobucket

QUICK AND EASY BREAD PUDDING

4 slices buttered bread, cut in squares
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. milk
Cinnamon or nutmeg (opt.)

Place bread in bottom of 8"x8" pan. Beat eggs and sugar; add other ingredients and pour over bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes or until set. Serve warm with Lemon Sauce.

LEMON SAUCE:

1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. boiling water
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. lemon juice
Pinch salt

Mix sugar and cornstarch, pour in boiling water. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and lemon juice. Stir until butter is melted. Serve warm. Serves 4 to 5.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm now following yours! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love bread pudding. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post