Custom Search

Monday, May 24, 2010

Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Rice Review


As a mom of teens I face a daily challenge of getting my teens to eat nutritiously. When they were little I had so many great tricks and little do the little ones in the family know but I can still trick the sliest of them. Teens on the other hand have the mindset to decide what they will or won't eat. So when I was given the opportunity by Mom Central to review Uncle Ben's whole grain rice I thought great I thought it was a great opportunity. There are many whole grain products on the market that try to camouflage the fact that they are whole grain. Some work and some don't. I am happy to say that we tried Uncle Ben's whole grain rice a couple of different ways and it was great. First I tried it for breakfast with a bit of cream and sugar. I tried it myself thinking that it would be a bit gritty or have a different taste I was very surprised to see that it did not. Then I let my teens go on it knowing that their picky palates are even a bit more delicate than mine. I am happy to say that Uncle Ben's whole grain rice passed with flying colors. Second I tried this recipe.


Hamburger Rice and Cheese

1lb ground hamburger
4 cups cooked rice
1 jar cheese


Cook the hamburger and then drain set aside. Layer casserole dish starting with rice, then hamburger and last jar of cheese Preheat oven to 400 degrees cook for 30 minutes and eat


Once again everyone loved the casserole and no one noticed that I was using Uncle Ben's whole grain rice. If you are looking for a great way to put more whole grain into your diet you should try the Uncle Ben's whole grain rice. Currently there is a .75/2 coupon on the Uncle Ben's website that you can print. This would be a great chance to save a little money and try the Uncle Ben's whole grain rice. There are also several great recipes on the Uncle Ben's website located at http://www.unclebens.com/

wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Uncle Ben’s and received samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post