Custom Search

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January Is Blood Donor Month

I am including this picture with the meme Way Back When at TwinFatuation. The day this picture was took will be burned in my mind forever. This picture is the day that Princess was born. As you can tell this is My daughter Monkey Mommy and Princess. She looks wore out because she is. When this picture was took she went through 24 hours of labor and in the end went under a c-section. My Princess arrived here nearly 10 lbs but her mommy had went through quite a battle. She would have to have a blood transfusion in the end. My daughter had always believed in donating blood and as soon as she was old enough she donated. Her younger brother and sister have followed in her footsteps donating their own blood as well. I am just so happy for those that do donate when they can. Did you know that January is Blood Donor Month? Do you donate? Do you know if you can?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such an important day in your life. It is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for raising awareness about this. It is great that you have such a wonderful story to share as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for this wonderful, visual call to kind action!

    Great image of such a wonderful memory.

    So happy you played along with Way Back When-esday this week--hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post