Custom Search

Monday, August 24, 2009

Not Me Monday


Did you almost die of embarrassment when your child pulled their own pants down at the library? Want to scream bloody murder when your toddler took a pair of scissors to the dog's fur? Feel like a terrible mother when your kid said a four-letter-word at a back to school event? Well don't! Mothers aren't perfect and neither are children. Let's 'fess up today because it's Not my child! Monday!

This has been one for the record books. As my children are growing up we are beginning to see the start of many new events. For instance:

  • It was not my son who in the hospital and being discharged undressed in front of not only his mother but the nurses. It would not be my child who did not see anything wrong with it and just told me he was getting ready to go.
  • It was not my child who headed off to college not for sure what to expect. It was not my child that was going to walk up to the meet and great at this same college with his fly unzipped and his pockets out. It was not my child who was thinking so much about what he would do and say he forgot to see what he looked like.
  • It was not my grand child who thought of his daddys arm as a table where only the potatos went as we sat at the kitchen table. Princess did not line the potatos up in a row on his arm as in a marching band
  • It was not my son as in a treat for his brother who was discharged from the hospital bought him a donut and then found out that he liked white icing more than caramel icing that he bought 2 donuts one with caramel icing with the filling his brother loves and a white iced one and scraped the ice off the white topped donut.

what did your child do or not do? List them on the blog My Charming Kids

1 comment:

  1. Excellent yet again. I just love these :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post