Custom Search

Friday, December 8, 2023

Christmas Cookie Recipe : Cathederal windows

 For many the holidays are made special by the many colors that can be seen during Christmas. This recipe helps us to remember the beautiful church windows with the many colors that shined through. The recipe is known as Cathedral cookies and with just a few ingredients can be made up quickly. 



This recipe will make about 60 cookies

1/4 lb butter or margarine

12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup chopped walnuts

12 oz multi colored mini marshmallows

7 oz sweetened grated coconut 

Heat butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Toss marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl; stir in chocolate. Tear five 9-inch sheets of waxed paper and sprinkle each generously with coconut. Divide dough into fifths and place each fifth on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll tightly into 2-inch diameter logs and refrigerate overnight or until firm. Before serving, unwrap from waxed paper and cut into 1/2" slices.


shared at these great linkups

Saturday Sparks

Weekend Potluck

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the invite to pop in here. I am visiting you from my blog, EsmeSalon. I hope that you will come and share your posts with us weekly at https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/
    May you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such pretty cookie ideas, great for kids to learn about history of stained glass windows too! Will suggest to try with some of my kids classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever cookie! I love the look and they also sound quite delicious. Thanks for sharing. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great idea to make cookies this way. I bet they are very delicious too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhhmmmm....I like this cookie recipe already! All it took was announcing that 60 cookies would be needed for this and I am so in! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cathedral Christmas Cookies look like pure magic. I'm getting major baking inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of these cookies, different from everything else I normally make this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They certainly look colorful. Have you had mint squares? I really look forward to those at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the cookie looks like a rock of crystals. my daughter would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the cookies look so special. My kids will like them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never actually heard of these cookies. They sound delicious and look really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! An easy recipe for cookies! Just in time for the holidays.. Will definitely try this with my daughters..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, it's interesting cook book, would love to try new recipes from this book. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so pretty! I love a creative Christmas cookie, and this looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post