Custom Search

Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Little Drummer Boy


 


Edward Hagar has went down in history as the Drummer Boy of Shiloh. Hagar was just a young lad when he saw the troops march down the main street of Whitehall. After watching the troops he promptly went home and packed his bags and joined up at a nearby camp in Carrolton Illinois. Perhaps had I not been from the area where he once lived I may not have known the story so well. 


This time of year one of my favorite songs is the Drummer Boy song. 



The Little Drummer Boy is a popular Christmas son. The song has become an American classical music and was first composed by Katherine K Davis in 1941. The Trapp Family Singers recorded the song in 1953. 




I hope you enjoy the music and have a learned a bit of history as well. If you enjoyed this post please leave me a comment

Please consider sharing our post

Post shared at

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post