Custom Search

Friday, June 21, 2019

Buying and Storing Cheese in Bulk

If your home is like mine then you use lots of cheese. I like buying it in bulk and storing it so I have it on hand when ever I need it.



  • Grocery store delis will often slice the brick of cheese for you in store It is often cheaper this way than purchasing pre sliced cheese from the deli. It can also be sliced according to your desire and often fresher as well. 
  • save cheese in seal able bag til ready to use

Freezing Cheese is acceptable as well

  • Grated cheeses do very well when frozen. I do this all the time!
  • You can freeze and entire brick of cheese as is.
  • slice cheese before freezing it. It holds it’s shape a better after thawing.
  • Freeze cheese in an airtight freezer sealable bag, or vacuum sealed bag.
  • Thaw cheese in the refrigerator. 
  •  store  cheese in the freezer for 3-6 months 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post