Custom Search

Friday, July 27, 2018

Aunt and Uncle Day

Whether your family is big or small I hope that you have had the chance to experience the love of having an aunt. Whether she be like Tom Sawyer's Aunt Polly always keeping you in line


or Uncle Jessie who had a more lenient, sweeter way of helping his nieces grow up


You have been blessed to have aunts and uncles in your life My mother had 2 sisters and 2 brothers and I felt very loved by all of them. My aunts both wonderful cooks and my uncles hard working farmers. My dad he had 1 sister and 1 brother I was not as close to this side of the family but I did know them and they did love me but they were older than my dad and not as close. It really does not matter how many aunts and uncles you had as it is the day to celebrate each and every one of them. It is Aunts and Uncles day, a day to honor some very special relatives.

Aunts and Uncles fill many different roles, each of them different. As I shared some are super close to their niece and nephews and some love you from afar. Some roles that aunt's and uncles may play include:

  • caretaker when mom and dad go out, or are at work
  • leader at family get togethers and other family events
  • an individual that is able to be talked to and share experiences 
  • offer counseling and advice. 
  • takes their niece and nephews to fun places and events
  • has a great place for sleepovers and offers cousins to play with
  • makes holidays and birthdays special
The list goes on and on Today take some time to show your aunts and uncles how much you care about them. Plan a visit or a simple phone call I am sure they would love either. 



Here are some pictures of aunt and uncle time in our own family












Please retweet this post here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post