Custom Search

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Swedish Tea Ring

One thing I could count on when I was a little girl is enjoying my grandmothers Swedish Tea Ring sometime during the winter holiday season. She would make one for each family so it all depended on how fast she worked whether you got one before or after the big holiday. To me it did not much matter as it was delicious when ever it did finally reach your home. 




3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 1/4 cups very warm milk 120 degrees F
1 egg beaten
3 tablespoons butter softened
Filling
5 tablespoons butter softened
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
candied red and green cherries optional

In the bowl of your stand mixer using the paddle attachment combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Add warm milk, egg and butter until well combined. Slowly add in remaining flour until the dough starts to come together. Change to your dough hook and knead for 5 minutes. Cover and allow to rise until double in a warm place. (About 25 minutes)
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon for the filling of the tea ring, set aside. Lightly grease a large baking pan and set aside.
Punch dough down and roll out to a 20"x12" rectangle. Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. With the long side facing you begin to roll up the dough into a long log. Seal the seam by pinching the dough together. Bring the ends together and pinch the dough together to seal. Place on prepared baking sheet seam side down.
Using a pair of kitchen scissors cut the dough in 1 to 1 1/2" sections around the ring be careful not to cut the whole way through. Gently pull up each section and give it a small twist and lay back on the pan. Cover and let rise until double.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Decorate with optional candied cherries. Also may drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze

recipe source here

shard this tasty recipe post at
flour me with love

19 comments:


  1. instyle jackets is one of the best leather jacket quality provider in all over the USA. We ship the leather jacket according to the requirements of the client and make it for as much fit for the customer as it is required. visit to our website to get the best services.
    Leather Bomber Jackets for Men

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, You have performed an excellent job. I will definitely dig it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site. Feel free to visit my website; 야설

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the admin of this site is in fact working hard.Thanks for ones marvelous posting! 바둑이사이트넷

    ReplyDelete

  4. very interesting information and i really glad to getting this information

    ReplyDelete

  5. This article is very helpful and interesting too. Keep doing this in future.

    ReplyDelete


  6. thank you again for allowing me to read these posts, and have a nice day today. Thank youuu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very appealing, however , it is very important that will mouse click on the connection:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I was thinking the same thing as you. Your article explains my vague thoughts very clearly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I have a lot of interesting ideas. I want you to look at the post I wrote

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the good work and we will continue to support your web posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel very glad to find your informative blog. Thanks a lot for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this brilliant article it was a very useful and helpful article.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s a very informative post to us, I have visited.hope you will share a quality blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Silicon carbide and aluminium oxide are the major impregnating abrasive particles of sandpaper. sandpaper grit

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!!! I love your blog! Great content.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your web site is great. I was extremely touched by this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an awesome article, Given such an extraordinary measure of data in it,

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post