Custom Search

Monday, November 6, 2017

Georgia Pecan Pie




The pecan is a nut that made up of a hickory native to Mexico and the south-central and south-eastern regions of the United States. 


The recipe I share today features the Georgia Pecan in a delicious pie recipe.  This recipe was passed along after being located in a magazine from the 1970's I thought I would share with you all in case you choose to make up one of your own. 





3 eggs, lightly beaten with fork or whisk
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup pecan halves
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Combine eggs and corn syrup; mix well. Add sugar; mix thoroughly. Stir in salt and vanilla. Let stand about 5 minutes. Meanwhile spread pecans evenly on bottom of pie shell. Stir melted butter into syrup mixture; pour over pecans. Be sure all the pecans rise to the top. Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until center is firm.

shared at
inspiration monday 
mad skills 
inspire me monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post