Custom Search

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Taco Dip Helps celebrate National Tortilla Chip Day



One thing that my kids and grand kids love to munch on with a bit of crunch is tortilla chips. They are not alone as the tortilla chip is very popular and one of America's favorite munchies. It has not always been that way though, not to long ago Americans seldom ate corn chips and salsa. The corn chip was brought to the U.S. from Mexico. It was Texas business man Elmer Doolin who introduced the chip.



Here is a recipe to enjoy your Tortilla chips with

Taco Dip



8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
16 ounces sour cream
8 ounce bottle of taco sauce
8 ounce package shredded taco cheese (or cheddar cheese)
1 can sliced black olives
shredded lettuce
1 -2 chopped tomatoes
Jalapenos, optional


In a bowl, blend softened cream cheese and sour cream.
Add 1/2 bottle taco sauce and mix.
Spread mixture onto a large platter.
Layer on the remaining ingredients.
Top with remaining taco sauce.
Put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve with tortilla chips


shared at
amaze me monday

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Someone in my family always brings taco dip when we all get together, but since I moved away from home a few years ago I haven't had it. I think I may need to go make this. Thanks for sharing and for reminding me of home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thank you , I know how much it means to have something of home and oh the memories. Thanks for visiting and leaving a great comment

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post