Custom Search

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hot Chocolate for a Cold Morning

 
The weather man says beware it will be getting very cold out there. Single digits is the target for what they believe the high will be tomorrow. I know it sounds super cold and you can believe I want to be ready for it. First of all I am off work tomorrow so under the covers I will stay and second, this drink is what I will have when I get up.
 
 
3 cups (750 mL) Milk
1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
1/4 cup (60 mL) sugar
1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
of salt
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
                                                                         
In saucepan, heat 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) of milk and 3/4 cup (180 mL) of cream over medium heat, stirring often, until steaming.
Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa and salt. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold milk and vanilla extract to make a smooth paste. Reduce heat to medium-low and gradually whisk cocoa mixture into hot milk mixture until blended. Heat for about 2 min or until steaming hot.
In small chilled bowl, using electric mixer or whisk; whip remaining cream until thick.
Ladle hot chocolate into 4 warmed mugs. Dollop the whipped cream evenly into each mug; stir to swirl lightly. Serve immediately.

Tips

For the Adventurous: Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) coffee- or chocolate-flavoured liqueur and/or 1/2 cup (125 mL) strong hot coffee to each mug of hot chocolate before adding whipped cream.

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post