Custom Search

Friday, February 20, 2015

Shamrock Snack

Shamrock Snacks

Shamrock Snack


- Pkg of Yogurt Pretzels
- White Chocolate Chips (I used about 1/2 a bag, or 1 cup)
- Green Frosting (I made my own, using a great recipe from Allrecipes.com found HERE)
- Green Sprinkles

Place about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in a glass dish, and microwave for 30 seconds at about 50% power.  Stir.  Do this two or three times, until you are able to completely melt the chips.  DO NOT OVER HEAT!

You should be able to stir the chocolate smooth and free of lumps.

2)  Line a surface or baking sheet with wax paper.

3)  Dip the bottom half of a pretzel in the melted chocolate, making sure each side is nicely coated.  Place the pretzel onto your wax paper.

4)  Repeat Step 3 with the second and third pretzels, laying each to form the shape of a shamrock.

5)  If you have broken pretzels, you can use them for the stem of your shamrock.  If not, you can carefully cut pretzels like we did below.

 6)  Dip the end of the shamrock stems into the melted chocolate, and put into place on the wax paper.

 Here is what your shamrocks will look like when assembled.  Some of them, we chose to lay the stem flat, while others (like this one below) we had placed so that it stood off of the wax paper.

And we thought we'd try to to make some four-leaf clovers while we were at it... of course, right?

7)  Time to mix up some frosting!  I used a great Sugar Cookie Icing recipe from Allrecipes.com, found HERE.  I like this frosting because it sets hard, and is easy to whip up.  I doubled the recipe, and found that I had twice as much frosting as I needed.  So if you use one package of yogurt pretzels, you can expect to follow the recipe as it is written.
Icing Recipe:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- we added green food color

I added it to a piping bag with a small tip, but you could just as easily use a Ziploc bag and cut a small tip off of the corner.

8)  Outline your shamrocks with the icing.  Add your sprinkles soon after, before the frosting begins to set!

found on family fun

9 comments:

  1. That is adorable and looks so easy to do!! Pinning it to try next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. simple and we love to let the kids help
      thanks for pinning

      Delete
  2. this is so clever! I am going to do these with my niece

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks easy to make and they are super cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and looks really easy to make. Things have to be simple for me to accomplish. I am going to make some for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so with you so little time to get things done thanks for stopping by and leaving a message

      Delete
  5. These look so cute! You did a good job. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post