Custom Search

Monday, August 11, 2014

One of my Favs




Crested Celosia (cockscomb) is one of my all time favorites. I love to plant them as they are easy to raise and add a pop to any garden. The texture of its velvety wavy flowers grow best in the sun and withstands the brutal heat. Withstands the summer drought well and has little known pest problems. While it provides a great lift and color to garden. Self seeding but it is not invasive.



If you enjoy drying flowers this one is great that will mix well with dried evergreens, boxwood for wreaths, ornaments, or in garlands. Colors can be dark pink, light pink, red, or yellow.


shared at
Much Ado About Monday
Motivation Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post