Custom Search

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Candy Cane Meringue Cookies



Candy Cane Kisses
Canadian Living 
Makes 70
 

2 egg whites
 
pinch cream of tartar
 
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
 
1/2 cup sugar
 
red or green paste food coloring
 

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
 In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in peppermint, then sugar about 2 tablespoons at a time, until stiff glossy peaks form. 

Fit a pastry bag with 1/4 inch plain tip. Use a small clean paintbrush or cotton swab to brush the inside of the bag with 2 stripes of the food coloring, opposite one another.
 Preheat oven to 200F. Spoon meringue into pastry bag. Pipe 1 inch cookie kisses onto baking sheets, 1 inch apart.

Bake until cookies are dry, about 1 1/2 hours. Turn off the oven and let cookies remain in the oven another 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
 Cookies will keep up to 1 week stored in an air tight container.


What do you think? Like I what I shared? Leave me a comment let me know

shared at
creative me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post