Custom Search

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Memories of Home and A Cornbread Recipe

My mother was very frugal in the manner in which she did things. She always provided a good home for us and delicious meals. One of her favorite fall recipes to make for us was beans and corn bread. Now while my husband and his family preferred the brown beans my mother always prepared old navy butter beans or white beans. Corn bread , a bit of butter and oh my those tasty beans that mama cooked would send me to that happy place. Do you have any memories of your favorite meals as a kid? Would love to hear about them in a comment



1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Margarine, melted, cooled
1  Egg


Heat oven to 400°F. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
Combine milk, margarine and egg in medium bowl; beat with wire whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined.
Spoon batter into greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post