Custom Search

Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Have a Good Time Mr. George Strait enjoy some rodeo nuts




George Strait (George Harvey Strait) was born on Sunday, May 18, 1952 in Poteet and he is a famous country musician from United States.






These nuts are sweet and crunchy, just like the kinds you’d find at stadiums or fairs. Any mix of nuts will work, though I chose to use almonds and walnuts.
Ingredients





1 egg white
1 1/2 cups unsalted walnut halves
2 cups unsalted almonds
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup chai latte mix (I used Trader Joe’s brand)
Pinch of salt

Instructions





Preheat the oven to 250F and grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg white until it is white and frothy with soft peaks. Fold in the nuts, stirring until they are all coated with the egg white.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, chai and salt. Add the sugar to the nuts and stir until all of the sugar is sticking to the nuts.
Spread the nuts onto the baking sheet. Bake at 250F for one hour, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes, until the nuts are dry and the sugar doesn’t come off on your fingers when you touch them.

Make Ahead and Storage
These nuts will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks when stored in an airtight container (if they even last that long!)
recipe source Savvy Eats

shared on

Photobucket Create and Inspire

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Thank you. I know of a few of my friends how tried to recreate some perfect sweet rodeo nuts but told me they didn't turn out like they imagines. I'll make sure I'll let them know where to find the perfect recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post