Custom Search

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Introduction of April Fools Day April 1

English pranksters on April 1, 1700 popularized the tradition of April Fool's Day. They played practical jokes on each other. Noone however is for sre who celebrated the day for sure. In fact it is thought to have been celebrated for several centuries. April Fools day is thought to be linked to the ancient festivals such as Hilaria, celebrated in Rome where individuals dressed up i disguise. Others say it is tied to the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, where Mother Nature fooled people with changig unpredictable weather.
Whatever the origins I hope that you have a great day while you see if you are fooled or not fooled

Happy April Fools Day

2 comments:

  1. I actually forgot all about April Fools, I have my days all mixed up lately, I just realized this morning it was the 2nd. Nobody fooled me, thankfully!

    Sarah
    http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Love the idea of origin! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post