Custom Search

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tommorow Celebrate the Potato Chip

I must say that I have always been a lover of potato chips. They were the invention of Native American George Crum. Crum was employed as a chef at an elegant resort in Saratoga Springs, New York. In 1853 a dinner guest was dining on Crum's French Fries and found them to be too thick for his liking and would not accept the order. Crum decided to make his reorder of fries much thinner and crisp in order to try to rile the customer. However, the guest was very excited about the new order of over browned, paper thin potatoes and before you knew other diners were requesting the same type of order. Thus the birth of the potato chip.

Potato Chips are very versatile and can be used in recipes or served alone. One recipe that my sister loves is this recipe for Potato Chip candy.





9 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
2 cups crushed potato chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate. Stir in potato chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.

recipe source : Taste of Home


Potato Chip cooies is something I first found in a kids cookbook you guessed it when I was a child and have loved them ever since You may want to try these as well



1 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. crushed potato chips

LARGE BATCH (about 5 dozen cookies) :
1 lb. butter
1 c. sugar
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. crushed potato chips
Nuts, if desired

Mix all ingredients. Roll into small balls; flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
Perhaps you simply want to enjoy potato chips in one of my favorite ways. I love to dip my potato chips when I enjoy them and you may as well
Potato chip dip
1 bunch green onions (whites only, minced)*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1 tbsp. butter
*1 cup sour cream
*½ tsp. dill
*1 tsp. cayenne
*1 tsp. lemon juice
Directions: Sauté minced garlic and green onions in butter for five minutes. Once cool, combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
Or…try the yogurt version
Use yogurt instead of sour cream. You may want to add a little bit of sour cream or mayo, so it’s not too runny. You may also want to add more lemon juice for flavor.

recipe source : Saucy Dipper


2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I would like to put my order in now, LOL I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post