Custom Search

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Macarthur by Mitchell Yockelson


  • Hardcover: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Nelson (April 19, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1595552928
  • ISBN-13: 978-1595552921

  • MacArthur was a leader of men. He challenged his troops, inspired a nation, and confounded presidents. Through three wars Douglas MacArthur would shape the world. In World War I he would watch over the western front and in World War II MacArthur would embodied the strength and spirit of the U.S. Army. He would be relieved of his duty as a general during the Korean War and would return to a ticker tape parade in New York City to show the appreciation the U.S. held for him. He led a life to be proud of for sure always keeping in mind his grandfathers words of wisdom to always "be a gentlema ad scholar and above all else, honorable." He was famous for three simple but strong words "I Shall Return."

    I have since a child admired history and because of that my son, the college student, loves it as well. This book I reviewed and shared with him as I believe that MacArthur to me was not only a strong general but an awesome mom. As I thought it was an awesome book to read and share with my son. If you are a history buff or appreciate and love our country then you need to check this book out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post