Custom Search

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Getting TO Know Your Neighbors May Prevent Crime

I have always heard the world changes. For me, I hoped it would always change for the good. However, sometimes I wonder if the world has slightly tilted the other way. Twenty years ago I would have had no problem walking down the street without worry or letting my children play outside unattended. Now, both of those give me a bit of worry at times. Is your world a little like mine?? If not that is wonderful make sure you do your best to keep it that way. If so then here are a few tips we can do to feel more safe and secure.



Do you recall the days that we knew our neighbors by first name?? As a child I would have no problem going down the street knowing each and every person that lived there. Now, either because my world has gotten busier or perhaps my neighbor has but for one reason or another I do not know my neighbors as well as I should. Perhaps that is where we need to start. Meeting and getting to know our neighbors is something we should all try to do. Simply start by being friendly and a possible wave or hi. There is also websites like Nextdoor.com that can help you know your neighbors better

If you already know your neighbor then it may be time to arrange a neighborhood meeting. You know you have concerns does your neighbors have the same?? What is on their minds. Perhaps an individual representing the local law enforcement can be invited to the meeting to share some crime prevention tips. Form a neighborhood watch program where neighbors take care of neighbors.



Neighbors working together can prevent crime and make the neighborhood safer. Small problems can be curbed before they turn into more serious ones via working together.


one resource with lots of great information can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post