Custom Search

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Popcorn Snacks for the 4th of July


Popcorn and Lemonade shakeups two of the items that were available at every parade where I grew up. In the town I live in now there is not 4th of July parade and I find that a bit sad. We still make the popcorn and lemonade shakeups but stay in our yard where instead of heading up town which is what I would do when I lived at home.
Sugar Glazed Popcorn
3 T oil
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c unpopped popcorn
1/4 c water
In heavy saucepan, melt oil and stir in sugar. Mix popcorn and water and add to oil. Cover Pop the corn quickly over high heat, stirring or shaking continuously at the peak of popping remove from heat to prevent sugar from turning Makes 5 cups popcorn.
Oven Caramel Corn
2 c brown sugar, packed
1 c margarine
1/2 c light corn syrup
1 t salt
1 t butter flavoring
1/2 t baking soda
8 quarts popped popcorn
1 c peanuts
Mix first 5 ingredients Bring to a boil Cook for 5 minutes Remove from heat. Add soda Pour mixture over popcorn and peanuts Mix well. Scatter in a large shallow pan Bake at 250 degrees for one hour Stir while baking
shared on Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post