Custom Search

Friday, May 18, 2018

May Ray Day

We have all heard it before,
April Showers Bring May Flowers....



The saying is about the natural changing of seasons and how the spring rains help prepare us for May and the beauty of flowers. The April rain and May rays have been important to people through out history. Knowing when to plant the fields as well as knowing the true end of cold winter and beginning of warm days depends on the distinguishing Mays Rays.

Spring is finally here and that means it is time to welcome the sun back into the warming sky. It is time to get out and enjoy it. Plants seem to be everywhere after a long cold winter and blooms are very present as well. It seems as if even our cold bodies are ready for a bit of sun and start to crave the warm days. The sun helps the supply of vitamin D in our bodies and thus helps make for strong healthy bones.



Tomorrow is May Ray Day, it is time to get out there and enjoy the sun. I am in high hopes of seeing some May Rays even if the old weather man seems to say that we are in the middle of a few days of showers. Its time to get out in the sun and enjoy the day. Put on some pretty spring clothes and go out for a bit. How about a spring picnic or a day in the park?? I know, I know I am celebrating while some of you are drowning in allergies and asthma. So sorry but take a bit of medication and get ready to come out and play.


shared this information at
Silver Pennies Sunday 
hearth and soul party 

12 comments:

  1. I am from the Philippines and we the rainy days are approaching! Summer is almost over in this side of the world. Enjoy Spring time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for sharing, very interesting how our seasons are so different

      Delete
  2. I love the summer time and showers that prelude the sunny days are soothing to my soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for leaving comment , what a beautiful way to look at it

      Delete
  3. Summer is my favourite season. A picnic in the park sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love picnic in parks and have had several so far, thanks for visiting

      Delete
  4. i love the summer time. it offers a refreshing and relaxing setting for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only times in the summer I struggle with is the sweltering heat

      Delete
  5. I have always loved that phrase of April showers being May flowers. I love the sunshine. I know the earth needs rain, but I'm not a big fan of rain. The sunshine is more for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree greatly with you, the love of the sun is something many of us share, the heat is the one thing that I love until it gets 106 or above

      Delete
  6. May Ray day can be everyday for me. Its now June and I am enjoying a nice sunny weather without it being scorching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's be a beautiful spring! I can't wait for the summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post