Custom Search

Monday, September 6, 2010

Trip to The River

Located where we live we are only a hip and skip from the Ohio river. We decided Saturday to take a little drive. Since many of us are on a three day weekend we thought no better time than to go to the river. We all love the serenity and peace and quiet. My husband was born and raised in Hardin County Illinois and he loves to go home and visit whenever possible.


Picture taken from the banks of the Ohio River in Rosiclare Illinois.
Picture of the famous fishmarket that floats in the Ohio and serves some of the best catfish you can imagine. We stopped for a bite to eat. The portions they serve are enormous and fills one up easily. Because of the large crowd we were not able to sit and eat inside rather we got it to go.


We visited the family cemetery while we were there. This is where an old church used to stand but the family cemetery still remains. How peaceful it is in this area



The one grave we always visit when we are here is my husbands mothers. Well I often feel as if she was my mother as well. I was married to my husband at 16 years of age and was always considered part of the family. For 22 years I called this lady "mom"

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time! Nice to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors, while it's still nice outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what lovely end of summer pictures, and what a lovely tribute to your mother-in-law. She must've been an amazing lady.

    Thank you so much for playing along with Makes My Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post