Custom Search

Monday, April 19, 2010

LIDO Salad

Homemaker Monday hosted by the blog 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven


This recipe comes from a rotarian cookbook from the early 1970's and looks like it may of been from California. I found it in Illinois at a little thrift shop, me and my love for cookbooks.


LIDO Salad

2 packages of strawberry jello

1 package of lemon jello

2 packages of frozen strawberries

1 #2 can crushed pineapples

2 mashed bananas

1 package pecans

1 large carton sour cream


Dissolve the jello in 3 c boiling water Add the frozen berries. Chop up berries in the hot mix. Then add fruit and nuts. Put 1/2 mix into a large flat container. Chill and let harden. When firm "frost" with large carton of sour cream Pour over 1/2 mix on top and chill.


Hey What's For Dinner
hosted by hey what's for dinner mom?

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah I remember a WHOLE lotta these from my childhood. Thanks for linking up! Can't wait to see what you bring to the table next week. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post