Custom Search

Friday, April 23, 2010

First Garden Tips

So you know that starting a garden is a great way to save money, get fresh vegetables and a perfect family project but where do you start?
  • find a sunny spot it does not have to be very big think of planting a 8x10 spot
  • determine what type of soil you have is it clay, sand or loam? The local extension service can help you determine this
  • If it is sand or clay you may want to add top soil or compost.
  • buy quality seeds from the local seed store or from catalog.
  • plant, weed, water takes place after this. I hope these steps have helped you get started.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by!
    I'm planting my first "real" garden this year. We're building raised beds this weekend cause we have horrible drainage!
    I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post