Custom Search

Monday, April 9, 2018

German Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Bacon #recipe



1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 medium green cabbage, cored and cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce

Heat oil in a large, heavy pot (I use a Dutch oven) over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crisp, stirring frequently.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a plate. Add onion and cabbage to pot and cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted (about 10 minutes).
Add vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 10 more minutes.
Stir in bacon.

recipe source Martha Stewart

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I have never seen anything like this before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a dish I had many times in the past from a little lady with German heritage, my grandmother. You should try it

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post