Saturday 9: Brokenhearted (2012)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a girl who is eager and anxious for her new lover to call. Do you owe anyone a call? An email? A text?
nope, think I am up to date.
2) The lyrics are peppered with the informal English exclamation, "cheerio!" What pops into your head when you close your eyes and think of England?
I can not help but think of my good friend from England Her name was Dylys and we called her dilly. She told us about growing up there, war time, the royalty and oh so much more Love how that term is used in this song though like the formal greeting
3) This week's artist, Karmin, is a husband/wife duo who met at college, and that meeting changed the course of their lives and careers. Think of someone who has had a huge impact on your life. Did you know, as soon as you met, that this was going to be a life-changing relationship?
I met my husband and 5 days later we were engaged to get married. Now 30 years later happy and together
4) Though she sings about consuming tequila, the female side of Karmin, Amy, is a big proponent of healthy eating. She recommends organic foods that are free of pesticides, hormones, food coloring and added sugar. Think about your most recent meal. Was it a good example of "healthy eating?"
wow, maybe not the last one because kids fed me but the last 3 before that I would say most definetly
5) Husband Nick has his own Twitter account (@NickKarmin), but he doesn't use it often. His last tweet was back in August. What's the last thing you posted to social media? (No, your blog doesn't count.)
My pinned status is about smiling if you want to know more then come see me on twitter @shopannies
6) Karmin performed "Brokenhearted" live on Dancing with the Stars. DWTS is very big business for ABC-TV. So many people vote for their favorite couples each week that their phone and text systems often overload. Have you ever voted for a contestant on American Idol, DWTS, The Voice, etc.?
I personally never have but I know that my children, my brothers and sisters and my mother have before.
7) In 2012, the year"Brokenhearted" was popular, the average cost for a gallon of gas was $3.91. In 2016, it had dropped to $2.40. When it's time to fill up your tank, do you shop around for the lowest price/gal.? Are you brand loyal and always return to the same station, regardless of price? Or do you just buy gas from the nearest station when you're running low?
Gas yesterday was $2 a gallon. We often look around for the best gas prices one friend has an app that lets her know where the best price is
8) In 2012, the Space Shuttle Endeavor was retired and placed on permanent display at the California Science Center, a Los Angeles museum dedicated to encouraging excitement and enthusiasm about air and space travel. Let's say you had a long weekend to spend in Los Angeles. Would you go out of your way to see The Endeavor? What else would you like to do during your time in the City of Angels?
I am sure that my husband would take the grand kids space missions have always entertained my husband thoughts. Los Angeles I am not for sure what we would see I would say like every where else we would check out the museums, art work and so much more.
9) While we're thinking about aviation ... Statistics show that it's still a predominantly male field, and less than 10% of commercial pilots are women. Would you be nervous flying with a woman pilot?
no why if she earned her wings what should we be afraid of