From Saturday 9 website
committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: September in the Rain (1956)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song refers to "leaves of brown." Can you see any leaves outside your window? What color are they?
leaves here are still green, they have not started to change as of yet
2) It also mentions whispered words of love. What did you say last time you lowered your voice?
most likely at work or when one of the grands were asleep
3) Clearly this song is about a treasured romantic memory that took place in autumn. Think about your favorite romantic memory. In what season did it take place?
My children love to get married in spring and summer and those were awesome moments but I would say winter was the one that meant the most to me
4) This week's featured artist, Julie London, was famous as a singer and actress. Less prominent in her bio is her appearance as a "pin up girl" in Esquire magazine when she was just 17. What's in your resume that you'd prefer to de-emphasize or gloss over?
that is why it is hidden away, as I dont want many to know. There are a few facts that I dont mind sharing like I was a teen age mother , I graduated from high school with 2 children in the crowd and the story continues
5) Julie recorded more than 30 albums and was named "most popular female vocalist" by Billboard magazine in 1956. If you could see any entertainer -- male or female -- in concert, who would you choose?
I nearly had a chance but did not get to yet meet Hank Williams Jr.
6) She became well-known to another generation when she appeared in the 1970s TV show Emergency! The younger actors credited her for keeping everything calm on the set. Who has a calming influence on you?
my husband and me take turns getting excited it seems. That is why we complete each other because we can keep each other calmed
7) Her Emergency! costar was her husband, Bobby Troup, and the show was produced by her ex-husband, Jack Webb. Do you have an ex that you're on very good terms with?
I did not have many boyfriends but the two I remember dating a few times are still friends of mine
8) Julie was a chain-smoker since she was a teenager and in the 1950s recorded a jingle for Marlboro cigarettes. Yet in the 1970s, when she saw Bobby Troup's health negatively effected by smoking, she pressed him to quit. Tell us about a time you found yourself in a "do as I say, not as I do" situation.
There are many times as a parent that I have used this scenario
9) Random question: You have won an all-expenses paid trip to an exclusive resort in the Hawaii. When you get there, you discover that the private beach is bathing suit optional. Do you swim nude?
alone with no one around yes, other wise no