Custom Search

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Pressing Leaves



While the leaves on the trees are still mostly green here in our area soon they will be changing beautiful colors of fall. My grandmother loved the fall season and the beautiful colors that God provided for us. One thing that she often did was practice the age old art of pressing leaves. To begin with she would take a fall walk and look at all the beauty that the leaves provided. She then would choose just the right leaves according to her sense of sight that she would press. These leaves may have been picked up off the ground or selected off the trees. 




After selecting leaves to dry the next step is to dry them. Take two sheets of newspaper and place on either side of the leaf. Then Stack inside of heavy books. These leaves should stay place for at least 24 hours. 

Now the pressing takes place. The leaves should be placed between two sheets of wax paper. An iron on medium heat should be used to slowly iron over the entire leaf. Press for about 10 seconds. Repeat for each leaf that you desire to press. Let the leaves cool for a bit. You can use these pressed leaves in a variety of ways




Idea Box Thursday Link Up

also shared here

5 comments:

  1. I used to do that when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too I did it a lot with my grandmother and aunt two very crafty individuals

      Delete
  2. I used to make some of dry leaves project in school back in my high school days. Thanks for reminding me how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thank you for what you've shared with me in particular and the community in general. What you share is wonderful and helpful to me. Very sincere thank you!
    ghế sofa giường
    sofa giường
    sofa giường đa năng
    sofa giường đẹp
    sofa giường ở hà nội
    sofa giường giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on.
    This is my site: in túi giấy
    in hộp giấy
    in thùng carton

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post