Custom Search

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Enjoy a Head Start To Fall with Pumpkin Bread

I love easy to make recipes and this one starts with a mix so you have a head start. Pumpkin to me is one of the greatest flavors of fall so this bread gives us all a slice of fall. I hope you enjoy




1 2-layer-size package yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup mashed banana
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 of an 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix cake mix according to the directions on the box, omitting water, and adding the pumpkin, cinnamon and bananas. Spoon into one sprayed 9-inch loaf pan or 4 5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes for 9-inch loaf or 30 minutes for 5-inch loaf or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (cover with foil the last 10 minutes if loaves get too brown).
In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in the vanilla, and then gradually mix in the powdered sugar. Let the pumpkin bread cool completely and then frost. Chill tostore.

6 comments:

  1. Pumpkin bread is a staple for fall and this sure is a yummy recipe!!
    Kallia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much and yes I believe just as you do that pumpkin is a staple. Thanks for stopping by for a visit

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of using cake mix for this. Sure makes the recipe easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly , first time I saw it as well. I love recipes that offer a head start of sorts
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  3. I love pumpkin! It sounds yummy for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my favorite of all fall flavors and scents there is a back road festival in kentucky that I always buy pumpkins at really can not wait for that to happen.

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post