Custom Search

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Hodge Podge Wednesday




1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home? 



We will officially start decorating for fall. I have all ready been having wax burner fall scents and will be creating my own fall potpourri as well. I love pumpkin, apples, cranberries this time of year.

2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?

Oh love them both but to choose would see me eating a piece of pumpkin pie. I would once again much rather have pumpkin bread over apple cake but when it comes to drink the warm apple cider would win. Let me offer a great alternative of a pumpkin apple cider yummy


  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 2 1/2 cups apple cider
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • Cinnamon stick
  1. In a large pot, mix together the pumpkin puree, apple cider, pumpkin pie spice and the cinnamon stick. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 20 minutes. If mixture is too thick, add additional cider or water to thin it out.
  2. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove clumps and cinnamon stick

3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?



keeping super busy so that the tired bug does not bite. Right now as I write I am being hit with the afternoon slump, I have ran errands, got kids ready for school, and cleaned out storage shed and wrote post on blog. So yes a nap does sound nice but oh no time
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?



I have many fine ladies in my life past present and can not wait to see who I will meet in the future. Fun, work, and yes even serious times when we stand next to each other and face the pain of each others troubles have all helped to form who I am today
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser? 



I have been told that I am a people please r. To me I just like to see everyone happy so if there is anything I can do to help then by all means that is what I will be doing. I think this is both a good thing and a bad thing puts more work on me most of the time but also keeps the peace. 

6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).

 

The one that most influences me is Landslide. Just listen to the words
7. What do you wish would never change? 

I would love to have my children stay young longer than they do but I would never see the achievements they go for and reach. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

life is good 

9 comments:

  1. Love your pics and cartoons. And yes fierce women friends. The best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I believe so they have earned their stripes and have so much to teach us
      thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment

      Delete
  2. We had the same song choice, it's a good one. I like your answer for #3 and I am going to take it by getting up to start dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we have to keep going on even as the song says or the afternoon slump gets us.
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  3. Landslide has always been a favorite; have you heard the Bette Midler version? It is beautiful! Enjoyed reading your answers, have a great week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is truly a beautiful song as well. Thank you and you have a great week as well
      thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment

      Delete
  4. I've heard this song before, but the Dixie Chicks version, not this one.

    I like the phrase "fierce friendship". I think we all need those.

    Thanks for sharing your recipe. It sounds like it would be a good thing to try.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the dixie chicks wish they were still around. Yes that style of friendship is to the end for sure.
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a great comment

      Delete
  5. Your drink sounds yummy. Nice song choice and I love your random.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post