Custom Search

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Safety Alert

We are so proud this year to say that we have a 2nd grader, a kindergartner and a pre-schooler in our family this year. Yes they are busy learning so much and like them I believe we continue to learn as well. To me the world is for the children and their safety is always top of my mind. When my husband brought home magnetic alphabet letters for the little ones to learn their letters and spelling I thought it was a great idea. It was only when we had our niece come over who is only a toddler that we learned that magnets pose a safety issue. 

Our grand children have grown out of the putting things in the mouth phase but our little "Al" is not. These little magnetic letters would fit nicely in her mouth and there fore could be accidentally swallowed. Magnets work inside the body the same as they do outside and are attracted to each other. If swallowed magnets could lead to possible internal damage to a young child or baby. 

Like anything else that poses danger we keep away from little hands we are keeping these magnets up out of the way when not in use and when in use they are being monitored carefully. In the case that a child would swallow a magnet the best thing to do is head to the emergency room. 


  1. This is a good reminder for folks to be mindful of what is around the house, especially when the little ones are around.

    Have a blessed week. :)

  2. you are so very right sometimes there are things that we do not think about
    thanks for coming by and leaving a comment


I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post